Ðurdjevac  
 



The remains of the Ðurdjevac fortification are found in the locality of Pobora, above Budva.

 

The fortification of Stefanica or Ðurdjevac was first mentioned in 1424. In 1426, Ðuradj Brankovic and the Venetians signed an agreement in Vucitrn, which stated that Stefanica, son of Ðuradj Ðuraš, had built the Ðurdjevac Fortress. The agreement anticipated pulling down the fortress because it was located on the Venetian territory. However, it was not pulled down until 1435. In the 16th century, a church in Ðurdjevac was mentioned, which, in all probability, had existed here already in the 15th century, together with the castle and the fortifications. It seems that, apart from the military one, Ðurdjevac also had a distinctive residential character.

The fortification is accessed from the north, from Stanjevi ci, along a steep cliff. Based on the remains on the terrain, we can conclude that Ðurdjevac was just a minor fortified castle. .

Today, the fortification is ruined and only in some places, remains of defensive walls and a tower built at the highest point can be identified. Within the fortification, there are the remains of a single-nave church dedicated to St. George, built between 1424 and 1425, giving probably the name to the fortification.